Suspect in stabbing at Pamlico Orthopedic pleads guilty

Published 5:34 pm Monday, April 14, 2008

By Staff
Sentence: No less than11 years
Senior Reporter
A suspect who stabbed a man, robbed him and stole his truck July 31 outside Pamlico Orthopedic Associates in Washington pleaded guilty Thursday to charges in the crimes and was sentenced to serve from 11 to 14 years in the N.C. Department of Corrections system.
Sidney Wade Little, 40, of Washington, pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, robbery with a dangerous weapon and larceny of a motor vehicle — all felony counts.
According to the state’s structured sentencing law, Little’s sentence begins at 14 years. He can have some time taken off of his sentence for certain actions he accomplishes in prison. However, he cannot serve less than 11 years in prison.
Little was sentenced in Beaufort County Superior Court. Seth Edwards, district attorney for the 2nd Judicial District, prosecuted the case. Attorney Frank Johnson represented Little.
Little attacked a Plymouth man during the late evening of July 31 outside Pamlico Orthopedic Associates in Washington, Washington Police Department Lt. William Chrismon said Aug. 1. The victim was leaving the building, where he was hired to clean, when Little approached the victim with a knife and demanded money, Chrismon said. The victim told Little he did not have anything and resisted Little, Chrismon said. At that point, Little stabbed the man three times in his side and took property from the man’s pockets, Chrismon said.
After the attack, Little fled the scene in the victim’s truck, Chrismon said. The victim was apprehended and the truck was recovered, Chrismon said.
The victim underwent surgery, was hospitalized and recovered.
Little was convicted of felony breaking and entering in 1987, 1991 and 1994, according to the N.C. DOC Web site. He was convicted of felony forgery in 1987 and 1994. Little was convicted in 2006 of possession of a firearm by a felon. He served six months at Craven Correctional Center and was released in March 2007, according to the DOC Web site.