Inner Banks Marina announces plan for dry-stack storage facility
Published 10:16 pm Tuesday, October 27, 2020
From Inner Banks Marina
Inner Banks Marina has announced a plan to construct a dry-stack storage facility in Washington.
Inner Banks Marina will consist of 120 covered dry-stack slips in downtown Washington and 60 in water boat slips located at Moss Landing. The 120 covered dry-stack slips will keep boats looking fresh and minimize maintenance costs while providing a hassle-free boating experience. For boaters who want to keep their boat in the water, the 60 wet slips at Moss Landing offer the finest dockage in Beaufort County. Floating composite docks with water and electric service are located adjacent to downtown Washington.
“Inner Banks Marina will be a full-service, upscale marina catering to boaters who want to make Washington their home on the water. We’re designing this new facility to accommodate all kinds of boats and will have slips tall enough to accommodate boats with T-tops,” noted Austin Smithwick, general manager. “By utilizing Inner Banks Marina, boaters will be able to spend more time on the water with family and friends, not fighting for a place to park at the boat ramp.”
Inner Banks Marina is now taking reservations. The first 50 customers will receive a 5% discount on their first year’s dry-stack storage. Features and amenities of the marina will include:
- Unlimited monthly drops for dry stack customers.
- Call ahead service. When you call the Marina and let them know you are coming, they will have your boat in the water, filled with supplies and ready to go so you can maximize your time on the water.
- On-site marine fueling services.
- State-of-the-art service facility.
- Social club with on-site restaurant, bar and game room.
- Regularly scheduled live entertainment.
- Restrooms and shower facilities for all day boating.
- Marine supply store with boating essentials.
- Ice, drinks and snacks will be sold on-site.
- Boat, bike and kayak rentals available to explore Washington and the surrounding areas.
- New and used boat sales will be available on-site.
“As boating has become more popular, and boaters have flocked to the Pamlico River, we’ve seen an increased need for a dry-stack storage facility,” said Jonathan Russell, Washington’s city manager. “Inner Banks Marina will serve as an important gathering spot for residents and visitors alike. And, with their on-site facilities, we hope boaters will be encouraged to stay and enjoy our downtown when they come off the water.”
Planning and permitting is underway. Construction of the dry-stack storage facility are expected to begin in November/December 2020 with completion of the project expected by May 1, 2021.
“As we were planning this project, it was important that we create a facility that the people of eastern North Carolina and the boating community could be proud of,” Smithwick said. “It will be hard to beat keeping your boat safe and out of the elements in a new dry-stack facility like this one.”
Inner Banks Marina is currently taking reservations. More information about the facility can be found on their Facebook page, www.facebook.com/InnerBanksMarina/ or by contacting Austin Smithwick at 252-946-3248.