HIGH FIVE: Southside’s Ka’nyah O’Neal
We asked area athletes five questions so you can get to know them a little better. Today’s guest is Southside High School sophomore basketball player Ka’nyah O’Neal. She’s off to a great start for the Seahawks, averaging 30 points and 15 rebounds a game.
- When did you start playing basketball?
Ka’nyah: My mom signed me up to play in the Washington rec league when I was five. I got really excited whenever I would make a basket, so I kept playing.
- Which ice cream flavor best describes your personality?
Ka’nyah: Cookies and Cream because there’s a mix of flavors. There’s lots of different parts of my personality and I like to keep people guessing.
- If you could ban one vegetable, which one would it be?
Ka’nyah: Tomatoes because everything is nasty about them except ketchup.
- If you could eat anything without regard to nutrition, what would it be?
Ka’nyah: A cheeseburger from Cook-Out.
- What class has helped you the most so far?
Ka’nyah: Math I and also Honors English because they’ve helped me understand the subjects better.