Jackson serving up spikes and cheers

Published 2:03 am Friday, September 21, 2007

YEATESVILLE — Whether it’s smashing a volleyball or waving pompoms, Tiffany Jackson is enjoying every moment of her busy senior year.
The Northside High School standout is especially busy this fall, playing volleyball for the Panthers and cheering for the football team. Despite doing two sports in the same season, Jackson is able to maintain A’s and B’s in the classroom.
Jackson, who plans to study pharmacy at either the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill or Campbell University beginning next fall, said her coaches help balance her full workload.
Jackson has been a leader at the net for the Northside volleyball team this year. A growth spurt has helped the agile Jackson become a stronger force.
Her solid net game, not to mention a strong service game, has helped the Panthers already win more games this season than last.
Coach Tami Wagaman, in her first year at Northside after having spent the last several at Southside, has helped Jackson with her game.
While she loves pounding the ball and the satisfaction that comes with a powerful kill, Jackson said the best part about volleyball is the time spent with her teammates.
Jackson has just as much fun standing near a football field cheering on the Panthers as she does whacking volleyballs in a gym. She’ll be rooting on her team Friday night when Northside plays host to Plymouth.
The pretty blonde said there’s much more to cheerleading than just smiling and waving the pompoms.
Though it’s hard work, Jackson is able to excel at volleyball and cheerleading while also keeping up her grades. She said having the support of her parents, Randy and Mary Beth Jackson, certainly helps.
She’ll continue to lean on that support while striving to be the best she can be at whatever she does in her final year of high school. And she’ll be sure to enjoy each and every moment.