Adonts getting her kicks in America

Published 5:42 pm Monday, April 14, 2008

Whether it’s heading to New York with friends at Christmas or playing soccer for the Washington Pam Pack, Xenia Adonts is certainly making the most of her time in America.
The likeable exchange student from Germany wanted to experience a different culture.
Adonts, the daughter of Jacob and Tatjana Adonts, seems to have made a smooth transition, though she admitted it hasn’t always been easy.
Adonts, whose host parents are Joe and Cindy Stringer, has enjoyed meeting new people.
Of course, not everything in America suits her palate.
One important part of her life that Adonts hasn’t had to miss in Germany is soccer.
The junior, who wears No. 7 for the Pam Pack, has scored six goals this season.
Washington Pam Pack coach Jimmy Kozuch said the German exchange student has been a plus to his program.
Washington senior Blaine Prescott has enjoyed playing with Adonts.
Adonts has been playing soccer since she was 9.
Adonts said learning to play with her new Pam Pack teammates has been an adjustment.
Adonts, who prides herself on making strong passes to the forwards, said the best part of soccer is when the team plays well as a whole.
Adonts is hoping the Pam Pack can cap off the season on a winning note.
She’ll be heading back to Germany shortly thereafter. She admitted to having mixed feelings about her return.
Though she’ll be returning to Germany soon, Adonts plans on making a return trip to America after high school.
In her last few weeks in America, Adonts plans on having as many kicks as she can — on an off the soccer field.