Wilkins ready to hit the basketball court

Published 5:23 am Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Damien Wilkins is ready to hit the courts with the kids again.
For the second straight year, the Washington native and star with the Seattle SuperSonics will pass on his knowledge and his skills to some lucky campers.
Wilkins will be hosting a basketball camp on Friday at the new P.S. Jones Middle School.
The first session for those in grades six through eight will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Campers are asked to report to the gym by 9:30 a.m.
The camp’s second session, for those in grades nine through 12, will run from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Campers are expected to report by 2 p.m.
Wilkins will talk with all campers following the sessions, and will likely present awards to the top campers.
Space is limited and registration is only facilitated through P.S. Jones Middle School, Washington High School or the Beaufort County Boys &Girls Club.
Registration forms must be returned to the middle school, high school or Boys &Girls Club, along with an optional T-shirt donation of $5. Check or money orders should be made out to the Dyna2mic Foundation Inc.
Forms may be picked up from Sarah Hodges at the Cenral Office. You may call Hodges at 946-6593 to inquire about the forms.
ESPN will be with Wilkins to document his return home, which will include filming Friday’s basketball camp and Saturday’s fourth annual “Fun Day“ event.
Businesses and organizations may help out in a variety of ways, including giving a charitable donation, making out gift certificates to the Damien Wilkins 2008 Fun Day, providing gift prizes and making tax-deductible donations made payable to Dyna2mic Foundation, Inc.
Organizations can learn more about how to be a sponsor or make a contribution by visiting www.dynamicfoundationinc.com, or by sending an e-mail to Info@dynamicfoundationinc.com.