Kindergarten registration will begin later this month
This month, kindergarten programs across Beaufort County Schools will begin registering students for the 2011-2012 school year. Children 5 years old or older by Aug. 30 are eligible to register.
Registration will be conducted at the following schools, times and dates:
- Bath Elementary School, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., March 29; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., March 30.
- Chocowinity Primary School, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., April 23 and April 24.
- Northeast Elementary School, Pinetown, 8:30 a.m. to 3;30 p.m. April 26 and April 27.
- S.W. Snowden Elementary School, Aurora, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., April 17; noon to 6 p.m. April 18.
- Eastern Elementary School, Washington, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., April 25 and April 26; 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., April 27.
When registering a child, the child must accompany the parent or guardian who is registering the child. The following items are needed to register a child:
- Proof of residency in Beaufort County. Any two of the following may be used: signed lease agreement, rental receipt, utility bill (gas, water or electric), current listing on income-tax form or proof of home ownership.
- Child’s Social Security card.
- Certified copy of child’s birth certificate.
- Immunization records (available from child’s pediatrician or the Beaufort County Health Department).
A kindergarten health assessment will be available at registration. A comprehensive eye examination is recommended, but not required.
For more information on kindergarten registration in Beaufort County Schools, visit www.beaufort.k12.nc.us. Anyone with questions about registration events should contact the appropriate school.