Belhaven’s Little Miss Independence
Published 9:11 pm Saturday, June 30, 2012
By KEVIN SCOTT CUTLER
BELHAVEN — The tiniest beauties in the area will vie for the title of Little Miss Independence 2012.
The pageant is part of Belhaven’s two-day celebration of America’s birthday. Other activities include a parade, lucky duck regatta, carnival rides and concessions, hot dog eating contest, street dance and live music, helicopter rides, lawn mower pull, mud run, parade and fireworks.
Beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, the Little Miss contestants will take to the stage at the John A. Wilkinson Center. The nine girls will participate in an opening number, patriotic wear and Sunday best categories. There is also an optional talent competition, according to pageant director Kimberly Clayton.
Little Miss Independence will be the last pageant winner to be crowned during the festivities. Young Miss Independence was slated to be named Saturday night and Miss Independence will be selected Tuesday evening.
The girls competing for the Little Miss title this year are:
• Emma Davis, the 5-year-old daughter of B.G. and Marilyn Woolard of Pinetown and Artie Davis of Newton Grove;
• Lena Davis, the 4-year-old daughter of Joseph and Crystal Davis of Pantego;
• Olivia Ellis, the 4-year-old daughter of Eddie and Julie Ellis of Pantego;
• Jacy Gibbs, the 6-year-old daughter of Dallas and Bethany Gibbs of Belhaven;
• Shirley Hopkins, the 4-year-old daughter of Montie and Bridgette Hopkins of Belhaven;
• Trinity O’Neal, the 5-year-old daughter of Wilbert O’Neal of Pantego and Danielle Hickman of Chocowinity;
• Alissa Randalls, the 6-year-old daughter of Scottie and Tiffany Randalls of Scranton;
• Katelyn Tello, the 4-year-old daughter of Oscar Tello and Jannet Perez of Chocowinity;
• Summer Whitley, the 6-year-old daughter of Kevin and Jodi Coltrain of Pinetown.
More information about the Independence Day celebration can be found on the Belhaven Community Chamber of Commerce website www.belhavenchamber.com.