Dare County Arts Council Announces 2018 First Friday Music Line-up
Published 9:13 am Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Dare County Arts Council is pleased to announce the schedule of musical performers for First Friday on Roanoke Island, a monthly event sponsored by the Town of Manteo.
First Friday is a fun-filled, family-oriented street festival held the first Friday of each month, April through November from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Historic Downtown Manteo along the Waterfront. Each month on First Friday, Dare County Arts Council hosts new art exhibits, with musical guests performing at the DCAC Gallery. Local shops and restaurants in Manteo have extended hours and also feature special shows, sales and performances.
Highlights of the 2018 First Friday calendar include the April 6 performance of Martin Terry to kick off the year, a Latin-themed First Friday on May 4 featuring Regional Mexican band Tropical Mazter, Dare County student musician night on June 1 and a performance by Southern English Band on Nov. 9 to launch OBX Veterans Week. Additional musical performers will be announced each month at other Manteo locations including Poor Richard’s, Charis Coffee Co. and Avenue Grille.
2018 First Friday Music Schedule
All performances 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Martin Terry at DCAC
- Tropical Mazter at DCAC
- Cristy Garey and Randy Burton at Old Tom Street
- COA Jewelry Fashion Show at Magnolia Pavilion
- First Flight High School Jazz Band and Manteo High School Jazz Band at DCAC
- Static Attitude student bands at Old Tom Street
- First Flight Middle School Jazz Band at Magnolia Pavilion
- Ascension Music Academy student performers upstairs at DCAC
- The Jazzmen at DCAC
- Eric Williams Quartet at Old Tom Street
- Just Playing Dixieland at Magnolia Pavilion
- Mojo Collins and Triple Vision at DCAC
- Nature Out Loud at Old Tom Street
- Sandbar Blues at DCAC
- Graham Outten at Old Tom Street
- Uphill at DCAC
- Angelo Sonnesso at Old Tom Street
- Southern English Band at DCAC
First Friday 2018 is also sponsored by Kitty Hawk Kites. For more information about First Friday on Roanoke Island, please visit DareArts.org/firstfriday or call (252) 473-5558.
Dare County Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization dedicated to encouraging the arts in Dare County through advocacy, enrichment and opportunity.