There’s help out of an abusive relationship
Help is available for individuals caught up in an abusive relationship.
Hyde County Hotline exists to aid victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
Is that you?
Does the person you love —
- Discourage relationships with family or friends?
- Constantly criticize or belittle you?
- Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Humiliate you in front of others?
- Anger easily when using alcohol or drugs?
- Constantly accuse you of unfaithfulness?
- Destroy your personal property?
- Use or threaten to use a weapon against you?
- Hit, punch, slap, kick, or bite you or your children?
If the answer is “Yes” to even one of these questions, Hyde County Hotline urges you to call their 24-hour crisis line at 252-925-2500.
Remember you are not alone; help is just a phone call away.
The purpose of Hyde County Hotline Inc. is to work to eliminate domestic abuse and sexual victimization in Hyde County through the collaborative efforts of a compassionate community.
Hyde County Hotline promotes dignity, respect and safety at home resulting in safer communities.
The agency’s work consists of crisis intervention, domestic and sexual violence advocacy, survivor services, safe shelter, safety planning, support groups, referrals, and program presentations.
All Hyde County residents can help Hotline by donating to the Thrift Store, asking about presentations, asking how they can help you, telling others about Hotline, becoming a Hotline volunteer, and with financial gifts.
To help offset some of the operational costs, tax-deductible checks can be sent to: Hyde County Hotline, PO Box 335, Engelhard, NC 27824.