Latest update on COVID-19 from Beaufort County Health Department
Below is the most recent update regarding COVID-19:
- Beaufort County has 0 confirmed cases as of 3/13/20, nor are there any confirmed cases in counties surrounding us.
- We currently are at low risk for exposure
- We have created a resource page that you can access at https://co.beaufort.nc.us/departments/human-services/public-health/2019-coronavirus-covid-19. This resource page contains guidance for businesses, long term care facilities, families, and more. This page also provides information that you can utilize within your areas.
Below are some key areas to consider:
- Handwashing and sanitizer use
- Cover your cough
- Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet)
- Encourage sick employees to stay home. For your business or organization, encourage staff to stay home which may inquire the alteration or review of your leave policy. (ex. Allow employees to work from home)
- Disinfect work surfaces, including equipment, often
- Pay special attention to common surfaces such as phones, door handles, radios, steering wheels, etc.
- Use technology for updates and information exchange instead of in-person meetings
- Limit visitors and family to workplace
- Early recognition of employees that are ill is important to protecting your entire staff
- Voluntary closure of non-essential business functions is encouraged when appropriate.(ex.Telework)
- Especially for high risk populations, such as those who are older than 65 or have cardiac/respiratory issues, diabetes, and/or a compromised immune system.
We are here to offer support and answer any questions or concerns. We are encouraging all community partners to share accurate information and promote it within your businesses, communities, and elsewhere. Our site is a great way to stay up to date on accurate information, as well as our facebook page.