Letter to Beaufort County residents from Board of Health
Dear Beaufort County residents:
The Beaufort County Board of Health would like to assure you that the health department is actively monitoring COVID-19 and working to prevent the spread of the virus. The health department has an epidemiology team and has opened the Health Emergency Operations Center; both are integral for communication and collaboration of multiple County agencies. Beaufort County’s epidemiology team is meeting weekly to strategize and implement prevention plans.
We support the decisions being made by our health department staff and James Madson, health director, in these trying times, and we will continue to tirelessly exhaust all measures in order to keep the citizens of Beaufort County safe and healthy.
The Board of Health would also like to remind you to take everyday precautions to prevent illness:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
For information, please follow approved websites such as the CDC, NCDHHS and Beaufort County Health Department. The health department has additional resources available online, please visit www.bchd.net.
Beaufort County Board of Health