Text message assistance now available for job seekers, employers
From Rivers East Workforce Development Board
To continue supporting our job seekers and employers, the Beaufort County NCWorks Career Center is now offering a text option for the following topics:
- Job seekers seeking employment opportunities can text the word “JOBS” to 252-320-9924.
- Employers that have immediate hiring needs can text the word “HIRE” to 919-418-3829.
- For information regarding Unemployment Insurance, individuals can text the letters “UI” to 919-418-3829.
NCWorks Career Center staff will be available to field text messages and respond to inquiries from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. Please remember that your local NCWorks Career Center does not process unemployment claims. All unemployment claims are processed through the Division of Employment Security.
This is a pilot program that the board hopes to make available throughout our region, which covers Beaufort, Bertie, Hertford, Martin and Pitt counties.
Rivers East is committed to serving our job seekers and employers. While our Career Centers remain closed to the general public, services are being provided by phone and virtually for anyone who needs assistance. Contact information for each Center is below:
- Beaufort: 252-940-0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bertie: 252-794-0799 or email@example.com
- Hertford: 252-862-1257 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin: 252-792-7816 or email@example.com
- Pitt: 252-355-9067 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“The NC Department of Commerce was able to provide all NCWorks Career Centers with cell phones to continue providing services virtually,” said Jennie Bowen, workforce development director. “In doing so, it has allowed us to add this text service as a pilot program. We have been exploring a text messaging platform and the current pandemic has caused us to push that project ahead of schedule. We are excited to offer this service in Beaufort County and hope to have it throughout our region in the next few weeks. I encourage any job seeker or employer who needs assistance to please reach out. While the doors may be closed, staff are working and ready to assist.”
The board’s office is located at 1502 N. Market St., Suite A in Washington. For more information, call (252) 974-1815.