It’s your time to shine
Published 6:04 pm Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Have you ever wanted to be a super hero? Fighting crime … overcoming the impossible … protecting citizens … now is your time to shine!
The fight against COVID-19 is a fight unlike any other we’ve seen. It’s a fight in which we are all called to work together, because together is the only way we can win. Be the super hero we know you can be and join us in the fight against COVID-19 by:
- Staying home and only leaving for essential trips (i.e. groceries, medications)
- If you have to leave for essential food or medications, use the grocery or medication pick-up/drive-thru.
- Practice social distancing, which means physically distancing yourself from others at least six feet.
- No gatherings of 10 people or more.
- If you are feeling sick, isolate yourself away from any other household members and stay home!
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean/disinfect commonly used areas and surfaces.
- Cough/sneeze into a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose with unwashed hands.
- Be kind … we are all in this fight together!
The super hero lies within you — you are what we need to defeat the spread of COVID-19. Do your part … stay home … save lives!
JaNell Octigan, MPH, is a human services planner IV and preparedness coordinator with the Beaufort County Health Department.