High Five-Northside multi-sport athlete checks in
Published 9:51 am Thursday, February 25, 2021
We asked area athletes five questions so you can get to know them a little better. Today’s guest is Northside freshman Griffin Johnson, who plays football, basketball and baseball.
- If you could make a new holiday, what would it be?
Griffin: Field Day at school, so we could have a free day to go outside and hang out with our friends.
- What pizza topping best represents you?
Griffin: Pineapple because it’s a happy topping, different and uplifting.
- How did you start rooting for your favorite athlete?
Griffin: I’m a Carolina Panthers fan, so I like Christian McCaffery. It looks like he follows his inner spirit as he competes. I also like Russell Westbrook because he plays in the NBA with passion and a fiery attitude.
- What is the first thing you will do when COVID-19 is over?
Griffin: I will go visit my grandparents, give them a big hug and hang out with them. I have missed them during COVID.
- What is your favorite sport beside the ones you play?
Griffin: Hockey. My family went to a Carolina Hurricanes game and it was great to watch in person. They made skating on ice look easy.