Local serviceman receives promotion
Published 3:53 pm Friday, April 9, 2021
COL Bobby R. Burrus was promoted from Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel on February 19, 2021.
He is a native of Fairfield, North Carolina and graduate of Mattamuskeet High School. COL Burrus graduated a Distinguished Military Graduate from Elizabeth City State University in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. He earned his Master’s Degree from the University of Phoenix with a Masters in Management and second Master’s Degree in Procurement and Acquisition Management from Webster University. COL Burrus was selected for the Branch Detail Program and commissioned as a Second Lieutenant into the Field Artillery Branch. His military education includes the Field Artillery Basic Course, Supply Services Management Officer Course, Combined Logistics Captains Career Course, Combined Armed and Services Staff School, Petroleum Officer Management Course, Force Management Qualification Course, Force Management Advance Course, Intermediate Leadership Education, Joint and Combined Warfighting Course, and Airborne School.
His military assignments includes:
- Fire Support Officer, 1-41st Field Artillery Battalion and 3-7 Calvary Squadron, Fort Stewart, Georgia; Kuwait, Operation Desert Spring; Assistant S-3, Deployment Control Headquarters, Fort Stewart; Executive Officer and Supply and Services Officer, 703rd Main Support Battalion, Fort Stewart
- Battalion S3 and Petroleum Operations Officer, 505th Quartermaster Battalion, Okinawa Japan, Company Commander, HHC 10th Area Support Group, Okinawa Japan
- Standards Requirements Code (SRC) Manager and Corps Fielding Manager, USAREUR HQ, Heidelberg Germany, Deployed to Iraq as the Chief of Force Management , 1st Armored Division, Wiesbaden Germany,
- Branch Chief of Global Force Management, United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) J-3, Scott Air Base, Illinois,
- Staff Synchronization Officer of the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle, HQDA G8-Force Development Logistics (FDL), Pentagon
- Deputy Chief, Force Management Division, United States Army Africa (USARAF), Vicenza Italy and
His current position is Team Chief, Modernization and Integration Branch, United States Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
COL Burrus’ military awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon and Parachutist Badge.