Hyde County 4-H camp to be held in June
4-H Summer Camp is being offered to children age 8 to 14 who live in Hyde County.
The camp will be held from June 20-25, 2021 at the Eastern 4-H Center in Columbia. Activities like rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing and archery will be available to campers who participate in this year’s altered summer camp experience.
“Please be advised that space is very limited this year due to the restrictions caused by the current pandemic,” Hyde County officials said in a post to their website announcing the summer camp. “The age required to attend camp is 8-14 years old. The cost of the camp is $250 this year and spots will not be held until payment is received. We look forward to hearing from everyone.”
The following restrictions will be in place to protect all participants and volunteers again the coronavirus pandemic:
- All campers and staff will be prescreened before and during arrival according to a protocol created for the camp.
- All campers and staff will have daily health checks once camp begins.
- Personal protective equipment is required for all campers and staff and must be in accordance with the current CDC guidelines.
- Certain modifications to programming and activities will be made to ensure social distancing measures and safety protocols are followed.
- A re-designed camper experience utilizing “cohorting” will be in place to keep campers in small groups to limit exposure to others.
- Time will be built into the schedule to ensure proper hand washing practices are in place for all campers and staff.
- Modifications will be made to dining hall procedures to ensure safety before, during and after mealtimes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will be in accordance with current CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for use by campers and staff throughout camp.
For more information about 4-H summer camp or to register, contact the Hyde County 4-H Agent Lee Brimmage Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.