Filing period for municipal elections opens July 2
The filing period for the 2021 municipal elections begins at noon on Friday, July 2 and ends at noon on Friday, July 16.
All filing fees are $10 and can be paid with cash or personal check. More information about filing for an election can be found online at https://www.ncsbe.gov/candidates.
Candidates can bring completed forms to the Board of Elections office, or they can pick up and fill out those forms at the office. Notaries are available at the Board of Elections office. Forms can be completed, notarized and mailed to the Board of Elections office, but they must be received by noon on June 16. The address is 1308 Highland Drive, Suite 104, Washington, N.C. 27889.
For more information about Beaufort County’s municipal election process, contact the Board of Elections at 252-946-2321 or email@example.com. The Board’s website is https://www.beaufortncboe.org/. The Board of Elections Office will be closed on Monday, July 5 in observance of the Fourth of July.
Following is a list of candidates up for re-election in each municipality.
· Mayor Clif Williams
· Commissioner Jeff Peed
· Commissioner Raleigh B. Lee III
· Commissioner Jim Caton (appointed)
· Commissioner David C. Johnson
· Mayor Ricky Credle
· Alderman (East) Ricky Radcliffe
· Alderman (West) Bradford Linton (appointed)
· Mayor Jimmy Mobley
· Commissioner Billy Albritton
· Commissioner Louise S. Furman
· Mayor Stuart Edwin Ricks
· Commissioner Mart Benson
· Commissioner Reid Michael Gelderman
· Commissioner Matthew Van Nortwick
· Commissioner Chad Keech
· Commissioner Charles “Chuck” Williams
· Mayor Donald Sadler (appointed)
· Councilmember Richard Brooks
· Councilmember Elizabeth “Betsy” Kane
· Councilmember Virginia Finnerty
· Councilmember Mike Renn (appointed)
· Councilmember William Pitt
· Mayor Thomas “Tom” Richter
· Commissioner Lee Bowen
· Commissioner Jeff Peacock
· Commissioner Wade Dale
· Commissioner Patrick Nash
· Commissioner Belinda Cowell