Lights of Love Endowment distributes $16K to ECU Health Beaufort Hospital
Published 1:55 pm Tuesday, January 17, 2023
From ECU Health
(WASHINGTON, NC) – The Lights of Love Endowment Advisory Committee recently presented a check for $16,890.01 to ECU Health Beaufort Hospital, as part of its Lights of Love Endowment fund. The Beaufort County Hospital Foundation established the Lights of Love Endowment in 2008 and the fund is managed by the North Carolina Community Foundation. The endowment has a fund balance of over $400,000 and each year the interest earned is distributed to ECU Health Beaufort Hospital departments or local physician practices to fund projects that promote excellence in health care. “The great thing about this endowment is that it will give forever,” said Phil Holloman, chair of the 5-member advisory board that provides oversight for the endowment.
This year grants were awarded to six hospital departments. Equipment, projects and programs funded include:
- • Electric work table for occupational therapy
- • Online assessment program for speech therapy to support pediatric patients.
- • Cycles for a new indoor cycling program at the ECU Health Wellness Center
- • Furniture and equipment for a new comfort care suite
- • Well-being and patient experience suite on the surgical unit
- • Equipment and support for the Community Health Improvement Coach, a mobile wellness unit
“We are so appreciative of the funds that come to us each year from the Lights of Love Endowment,” said Debra Hernandez, president of ECU Health Beaufort Hospital. These funds help us provide additional services and/or equipment that are not currently funded in our annual budget.
Lights of Love was established in the mid-80’s as a means for members of the community to celebrate or remember a loved one and financially support what was then, Beaufort County Hospital. Through the years, donations to Lights of Love have been used to fund projects that promote health care education, improve community wellness, support and enhance patient care, and provide amenities that make our hospital more comfortable for patients and visitors.
Donations to Lights of Love can be made in memory or honor of a loved one in two ways:
- • Lights of Love Endowment – North Carolina Community Foundation, 3737 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 460, Raleigh, NC 27612. Make checks payable to the North Carolina Community Foundation and note Lights of Love Endowment on the memo line or online at www.northcarolinacommunityfoundation.org and select Beaufort-Hyde Community Foundation, Lights of Love Endowment.
- • Lights of Love – ECU Health Beaufort Hospital, 628 E. 12th Street, Washington, NC 27889. Make checks payable to Lights of Love.